If you are looking to sell, you’ve probably heard about the importance of your home’s curb appeal. But even if you are not ready to sell your home right now, or anytime in the foreseeable future, boosting the curb appeal can have benefits for your own enjoyment as well. There are both big and small items you can add to your to-do list that can be done in a few hours or a weekend, depending on the projects you pick out. Here are five easy ways to boost your curb appeal to sell or just increase your own happiness with your home.
1. Lawn care: Having a well-kept lawn can go a long way to increase the curb appeal of your home. Mow the lawn, rake up the leaves, pull weeds, and keep it watered. If you add a maintenance routine to your weekly chore list, it won’t seem so overwhelming to manage your lawn care needs.
2. Paint the front door: A fresh coat of paint in a pop of color that accentuates and enhances your home can help. It’s also a pretty cheap and easy DIY project for just about anyone. Maybe bring some swatches home to test out what color might look the best before painting the whole door, to make sure everyone is happy with the end result.
3. Plant fresh flowers: By planting some fresh flowers in a planter box or pots around the front of your home, you are giving it a welcoming feel. Even just one plant can go a long way. Place them all over, if you’d like, or around windows and entrances if you have fewer flowers and plants to display.
4. Update the mailbox: Swapping out an old, outdated mailbox with something newer or more stylish is an easy project. It can be a small but noticeable change to your home. It’s often less than $200, and can even be as low as $40 depending on what type of mailbox you need.
5. Make those minor repairs: Has the porch light been burned out forever, or are the window screens ripped? Some of these smaller repairs that have been on the to-do list forever can help increase curb appeal. Walk around the house and make note of smaller items you can do fairly easily, and take a day or weekend to make all the repairs and improve the look and feel of your home.
Did you finish boosting your curb appeal and you’re reading to talk about selling? If you’re planning on buying or selling a home in Florida, The Edge Group at Keller Williams can help. The Edge Group has offices in Tampa, Jacksonville, Orlando, and Ft. Lauderdale, and our friendly agents have the knowledge and experience needed to make your experience quick and convenient.